7 aspects of Superb Phone Call Opening that yield good attention and Results
It has been said for years that you got only one chance to make your first impression. However, you’d rather have it put this way, “You only have 10 seconds to make a great first impression”. If you’re fond of making cold calls to busy people, then you must deliver very powerful openers to get great attention.
Working with professional call agents will help to build your chances of landing a prospect to take you to the next level. This is irrespective of whether you’re making sales or booking a face-to-face meeting. The best sales people have honed their art of opener. In just a matter of seconds, they’ll introduce themselves, establish a positive tone and make you listen to what they have to say.
Even experts need your help. There’s no magic phrase than can open doors, therefore, agents need product information, audience insights, and a tailored call to action. Agents need some raw materials that they’ll use in their openers. Although it could be tempting to script telemarketers, unfortunately, it never works. No matter how well you write scripts, they’ll always sound canned and may discourage agents from engaging prospects in a conversation.
- Make the introduction. You need to tell your prospect who you are
- Make rapport. Establish a positive emotional connection
- Make your purpose known. You need to put clear the purpose of your calling as well as intrigue the prospect with a service or product with a proven advantage.
- Make use of a connection. You can reference a mutual contact or an event in order to personalize your upcall.
- Gain agreement. You should show some respect for the prospect’s time, while at the same time setting them up to give an affirmative response.
- Confirm the contact. Please verify that you’re talking to the right person at all times.
- Transit to uncovering needs. Pay attention to what the prospect says; their needs are critical. Before doing a lot of questioning, you need to make clear the expectations of your call.
The purpose of these components is to arm your agents with tools that can help them express themselves to prospects, while establishing a conversation tone. The tone must be nonthreatening, intriguing, and respectful. If you have any other questions, Upcall and our Team can help you build the perfect opening statement for your next campaigns.
Posted on October 16 at 5:00 PM