At Upcall we’re always happy to bring on new and better features to elevate the outbound calling experience. See how you can take advantage of our new options to run a call campaign, and become a pro at managing one!
How you can measure and analyze your call campaign like a champ?
When it comes to outbound call campaigns, the key is understanding all the different levels of performance. You have to be focused on your final campaign goal, whether it’s the number of appointments set or the amount of insights collected. But that alone won’t get you there. Knowing that every step in between plays a significant role will ultimately help you reach your goals.
Upcall was created to empower professionals in marketing, sales and even those working independently to effortlessly run a call campaign. But accurately evaluating just how well a call campaign performs is a little less simple.
No worries — we’re here for you. Read on for some guidelines to help you become a pro at interpreting call campaign results.
We’ll split call campaign performances into 3 categories:
- Contact List performance
- Dialing performance
- Calls Quality performance
Contact list performance:
As we always say, a good campaign starts with a curated contact list. Think of it as an old-fashioned mailing campaign — if you don’t have the right mailing address, you won’t have much success.
On Upcall you can check contact list’s accuracy by comparing the number of valid contact numbers in the list to the total number of contacts you’ve uploaded.
A few tips to keep in mind to make sure your contacts are reachable:
- Scrub your list to exclude DNC contacts.
- Make sure that you meet compliance for calling cell phones. Some call centers use robocalls or auto dialing technologies that prevent you from calling a cell phone.
Good to know > Upcall doesn’t use robocalls or prerecorded messages (TCPA). We comply with all call recording practices and use click-to-dial technology. That means cell phones are no problem for us. 📞📲
Once you have a reliable contact list, the next step is figuring out the best ways to actually have them pick up the phone.
Good to know > At Upcall we use the click-to-dial technology to call cell phones and deliver qualitative calls over quantitative calls. No robots here. 🤖 Your contact will never pick up and hear that annoying *beep beep* or delay before they hear the agent’s voice. It’s just like a real human calling another human, the way phones intended.
Below is a graph illustrating how Upcall reaches out to your contact. Think of “Answered” as the equivalent of an “Open Rate Ratio” in the emailing industry.
A few important things that could have an impact here:
- Calling Hours: Contacts are called during business hours from Monday to Friday, 8am — 6pm, in respect to authorized calling times. Calling all over the map? Good to know> At Upcall we have an automatic timezone detection and also exclude local holidays and curfews.
- Saturdays: Depending on the contact you’re trying to reach, it might be worth calling them on a Saturday. Good to know> With Upcall, Saturdays are an option.
- Caller ID: This is the phone number your contact will see on their phone. For some campaigns it might be beneficial to use your own phone number or a Local Caller ID (Good to know > With Upcall you have all the options > more info on that here).
- Voicemail: This is a great option when you just need to deliver a message. If you prefer to reach out directly you can set up to 5 attempts, and even change the timing between dials.
- And coming soon to a dashboard near you: Sequencing and the option to leave a voicemail after [x] amount of attempts!
Calls Quality performance:
All successful campaigns have one thing in common: a quality call. But what’s the secret to a quality call? Does it depend on the experience of the caller? Does it matter if the lead is hot or cold? Is the script actually the only thing that matters?
In reality, there’s no one variable entirely responsible for a successful call. An award-winning script that converts 90% of leads is worthless if you have the wrong phone number, after all. It’s a mix of everything. So, where to begin? Understanding your lead’s journey from prospect to happy customer is a great starting point.
If you know what touchpoints your customers need to convert, you can design a campaign (or set of campaigns) to help foster those prospects from one stage to the next. Knowing what needs to happen to move someone forward is a blueprint for the perfect script. This perfect script will indicate what kind of skills and experience you need in a caller.
Good to know> Upcall only works with the cream of the crop — the top 3% of agents who apply to our platform. We then match campaigners needs with our Upcallers’ skills and expertise.
Upcall provides several key indicators to help you directly measure call quality performance on your dashboard:
- Goals reached and number of successful calls
- The accuracy and adherence to the script
- Voice recording and much features
Want to know more about smart outbound call campaigning, and want to launch your own? Follow the steps here at Upcall.